In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
We are going to be heading down to the site tomorrow (Thursday) and getting a current water temperature. We've heard that the jellyfish are gone, so that is great news! We will get you an update tomorrow night on the temperature, but if you have a wetsuit, you may want to consider it.
We are also going to try to work on a visual demonstration of how we will be doing the swim start. The start will be an IN WATER start, about 25 yards off shore. Everyone will be allowed to be in the water to warm up, but we will take self-seeded athletes, 10 at a time, and pass them over a timing mat, on the beach. These 10 athletes will make their way to our start buoy and will START on our signal. Once they have started, we will bring the next 10 athletes over the start mat. YOU MUST CROSS THE START MAT TO GET YOUR APPROPRIATE START TIME!
For those of you doing the duathlon, you will start with the first wave of triathletes.
This is also your weekly COVID reminder. Some of the rules in play are:
· Don’t show up if you are feeling ill or have flu-like symptoms.
· Don't share fluids. Carry your own fluids to avoid contact with others on course.
· Don't share towels, food, gels, or any other item that runners normally share freely.
· Do wash your hands or use hand sanitizer after using the port-a-john.
· Do not spit or “nose rocket” your nose in public – bring along tissues or a small towel or a good old-fashioned hanky if you need to get rid of some snot during the race.
· Do practice social distancing - ensure appropriate spacing between runners; the current recommendation is at least six feet of separation.
· Do avoid close-group selfies.
We will be sending out a link on Friday that ALL ATHLETES MUST COMPLETE. This online self assessment test is just part of our mitigation plans, and athletes will not be allowed in to transition without completing the online form.
Remember, if you don't feel well, please stay home! We will defer your registration to 2021, no questions asked.
Thank you all, and we can't wait to see you on Sunday morning!!